Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Toothpick Art

It took Stan Munro (38) 6 years to build this toothpick city. He used 6 million toothpicks and 170 litres of glue. He can spend until 6 months to create a building and each of his creations is built to 1:164 scale. Look at the amazing works of one of the most patient men in the world.

When Stan Munro started Toothpick City I in 2003, he convinced his wife that this might be an actual job. Whether she really believed him, or just reveled at the thought of a husband spending all his time in the basement, she supported him. She helped him in every way imaginable, and when Toothpick City sold in 2005, she helped him spend the money.
"My wife is the only sponsor I've ever needed," Stan admits. "She's a pretty good boss, and she doesn't mind if I work all day in my underwear"





-Mark

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.