found this floating around the internet...enjoy.
What happens when you type in "Architect" into Google images? It's kind of a running joke in the profession of how the general public views Architects versus what a real Architect ACTUALLY is.Let's start with the standard "blueprints with rulers, triangles, and hand drawing" images.
4. They couldn't find a better hand model for this picture? Was bigfoot unavailable??
2. Apparently this guy needs TWO scales to measure stuff. He likes to stack them on each other for maximum measuring power.
3. What Architect DOESN'T stack library books from the 1960's on their drawings?
4. Exactly what is this guy using to draw? could he not find a normal pencil?
2. Notice the standard pencil, triangle, compass, and protractor.
Let's move on to Architects on job sites (mostly pointing):
2. Architects tend to stare really hard at drawings while on job sites because they have no idea what they've been working on for the past 4 months.
2. All Architects point and smile at their work.
3. Hard hats are definitely required while standing by a finished building.
4. You must always wear a pin-striped suit to a construction site. I mean what are the odds you'll ruin it?
2. "Look at that bird!"
Now for some Architect's offices:
2. Architects always stand while drawing, holding random drafting utensils in an awkward way.
2. I think they misunderstood when the photographer wanted the Architect looking at models.
Finally...This is what an ACTUAL Architect usually looks like at their desk: